Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Run for the shower!

Have you ever done such a thing? Sitting at the computer, the one you've been at for the last hour and a half, and your child yells, "Dad's home!" Quickly you shut the laptop and make a mad dash for the shower. How can time pass so quickly? Thankfully you washed you hair yesterday and you're not in the mood to shave your legs so this shower takes about 5 minutes. As you jump out of the shower and into your room, because you didn't bother to bring clothes into the bathroom, you realize the 3 piles of laundry on your bed will inhibit the making of the bed with those freshly laundered sheets. How does this happen? Why did I forget today was pay day and so I need to be paying bills and making menus and plans to go to Costco and the grocery store? Not to mention that the in-laws showed up a day early yesterday so they are here on my property. What would they think if they had happened to come knocking? Well, thankfully Peter is doing Math. Lucy was supposed to be doing Math but is the child who yelled and caused me to run for the shower. She is now outside with Dad who is in the process of finishing up the chicken coop. I suppose that means she is actively participating in Occupational Education at this moment. I did shoo Susan off of the other computer ("just checking her email") and now she is foraging in the refrigerator. That seems to be the usual place to find the children once the words "get some school work done" have been uttered. Dear Edmund is watching a library video. I wish I could say it was an educational video but alas it is not. Now where was I going with this...oh yeh, do you ever get distracted?

(I will say, it was only 10:30am so don't think I was sitting around in my jammies at the computer all day.)

No comments: