Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Distracted - again.

Distracted...did I tell you about how I forgot all about my 3yo on co-op day? The day starts out with everyone in the main room for announcements, a song and basically time for all of the late mommies to show up...which I am often very thankful for. For the record, I was on time in May. I did have some class fees to pay...I thought I paid them but I really didn't. Sigh. So Edmund, being a 3 yo, keeps asking, "Can I sit with L? Can I Mom? Can I play with L? And on and on until I realize that the easy solution is to ask L's mom if he can join them. Now I can focus and take care of some stuff. Anyhow, after this "beginning time", we go to our first classes. Some child didn't know where to go so I help her, then I see someone who I had to give something too and then someone asks me a Homeschool Law question and so we wander out to the Fire Engine that was there for Science class. It's all good because I have first period free so I can answer questions, listen to the fire fighters and continue to sip on the latte my best buddy brought me. My dh turns up because he is a fire fighter and in case the guys on duty get a call, there will still be some fire fighters I guess. The bell rings and we move on to second period. Normally I have that period free too but another mom had to be gone so I'm subbing in the nursery. Not too bad of a job because you sit around holding babies and talking with the other mommies in there. We're all having a good time until the light bulb goes off and I realize that my 3yo would normally be in this room with me. I don't know what my problem was...well, other than how easily distracted I can be. Edmund gets bored in that room so he never goes there unless I'm there. He always tags along with me and "helps" me teach class when necessary. And now I'm here and he is not. Panic ensues (in my head) although I act like it's no big deal. I cruise on downstairs to find L's mom in hopes that she still has him. Someone stops me in the hall to discuss something important (I'm sure) and I have to inform them I'm a terrible mom and have no idea where my son is and therefore can not take the time to talk just then. Okay, this is getting long winded and even I am getting bored so the short end of the story is that Edmund was in fact with L's mom. The funny thing is, about the time I show up a little light bulb goes off in L's mom's head. Apparently she was beginning to worry about the fact she just brought my kid along with her's without consulting me. YEH! HEY! I can't believe she would DO such a thing! Oh wait, I'm thankful she did that. I hope she does it again when I'm brainless. It's moms like her who save moms like me. Thanks L's mom!

No comments: