Sunday, May 25, 2008

Punishment

I thought I had made myself clear. At the beginning of the term, I gave Susan the ol' "you have to take ownership of your education" lecture. After all she is in high school now. As a matter of fact, I think I gave it to her on two different occasions. No, no don't remind me how I never listened to my parents' lectures at this age either. I'm sure I did because I was scared of them...or at least scared of what they might do if I didn't listen. I was the compliant child. My siblings, now they were the problem children. Sure, just ask them.

Now, just so you don't think I've won that "Mother of the Year" award again (and no, I'm not talking about the good "Mother of the Year award"), it's not my fault. Isn't that what they always say? It's never their fault. Whoever "they" are. But seriously, it's not. That girl has been on the computer a lot. She would be on her chat (her class) and then afterwards, she was typing furiously. I wrongly assumed she was doing her assignments. Well, you know what they say about the word "assume". If you don't know that little ol' saying, just break up the word. (It makes an) ASS (out of) U (and) ME. In this case, it has proven true. Now I just have to hope my mom doesn't read this because A. She will know what a slacker my daughter and I have been and B. She will see the word ASS on my blog. I didn't really say it Mom. It is just the word ASSUME divided up, okay?

It's really a bummer when you find out your daughter has NOT been keeping up with her school work and then HAS to be on the computer all the time. HOW am I supposed to blog??? This is what has happened though. My daughter is now learning the fine art of cramming 15 weeks worth of quizzes and tests into 2 weeks. Yep. You read that right. Two weeks of pain and toil. This is one reason I have not been blogging regularly. This will be a lesson learned...if not for her, at least for me. I was livid when I first figured it out. Now I am amazed at how well Susan is able to focus in such a tense situation. I would just laugh at the whole thing but I paid hundreds of dollars for her to take this online class.

So the clever solution to not being able to access my blog is to type it up in a Word Document on my antiquated desktop, email it to my newer laptop (which daughter is using) and wait until daughter is in bed so that I can access my laptop. We'll see how this works.

For now, Susan has to knuckle down and not see any friends, at least until May 30th when the regular assignments are all due. And me, I just wait for the little breaks she gets so I can be on my laptop.

I have to go now. She needs the laptop.

4 comments:

Author said...

Yeah know you can always come over and use Mr. March's laptop! Mrs. Hanigan is also having laptop issues. Very Sad!

Jenny-Fair said...

I don't even HAVE a laptop! :-P But I am sorry that Susan has chosen to learn this lesson the hard way. I will inform the young Squire that she will not be needing any phone calls in the near future.

Mrs. Pevensie said...

Thanks Mrs. March. Can we say blog party at your house?

Jenny-fair, I don't know why I haven't taken her cell away. I guess she hardly ever uses it so I didn't think of it. About the laptop, if we didn't have it, she couldn't do her online classes or her Math. Remember, my dinosaur of a desktop has a broken cd-rom drive. It was going to cost nearly as much as a new computer to fix it. Uh, I'll take the new computer!

Unknown said...

It's not fair how we mothers have to be punished in order to punish. I can't count how many times I have to sacrifice something I really want to do, just to teach a new lesson to my dearly beloved child/children!