Friday, May 16, 2008

Co-ops

Every third Thursday I wonder why in the world I even sign up for this co-op (we meet the third Friday). It is an extremely rare occasion that the children have done their book reports before the third Thursday even though every co-op day I swear we are going to do all of our stuff the following week so that we are ready three weeks in advance. I think that once this year, we actually had the reports done the week before. If I'm teaching a class, I'm always preparing the night before too. Maybe I'm just not cut out for this. Yet every year, we sign up again. Whenever we sign up, I have such good intentions. Well, you know what they say about good intentions. Apparently I'm going to burn. It's just the idea of a new year, a new beginning, a fresh start...well, it holds such promise! My kids really love this co-op too. They get to be with their friends. They get to learn Science. Science...there is another "good intention". Then enjoy sharing their book reports with their friends although I'm fairly certain they don't like their crazed mother's attitude at 9pm on the third Thursday of every month. They also get to participate in some pretty fun extra curricular type classes (I want to make jewelry too!). The whole idea is wonderful, it's just the effort involved. If I was only organized...well, that is a whole other post.

No comments: