Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

I meant to participate in Mrs. Fussypants' Thankful Thursdays last week...but never got around to it. Sometimes I have such good intentions but like I said in this post, you know what happens to people with "good intentions".

In spite of my grumpy attitude most of this summer month week, I have plenty to be thankful for. I have a fantastic husband, wonderful children, friends, a home and all of the clutter stuff that goes with that. I have food. Boy am I thankful I have food. I don't do "hungry" well. I'm grateful for my chickens as they bring me laughter & joy. Aside from the times they poop on my porch, they never irritate me at all. They may in fact be the "perfect pet". Although only 2 of the 22 actually let me pet them on a regular basis because they are...well...chicken. Still, they make me smile. My cats are so self sufficient that I don't have to "deal" with them much. Yes, I'm thankful for that. Training that dog Jake is starting to pay off. He really is sweet. See how sweet he is...

Look at those sweet eyes and big floppy ears. Yep, in spite of the lack of sleep, getting chewed on with needle like teeth and the rip in my favorite skirt...oh wait, I was focusing on the positive. I'm so thankful that every day Jake is learning to be a more obedient puppy. That's better.

So have you taken a moment to list the many things you are thankful for? I think it is powerful to reflect on the things you are thankful for at least once a week. I'm sure once a day is even better but I'll settle for every week as a start. How about you? What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Jenny-Fair said...

Today I am thankful for my little sister, who came with us to see Nim's Island and enjoyed it every bit as much as I did! I also love it when we do our toenails together, and how she makes me feel young. How does that work, anyway, when my son is the same age and HE makes me feel tired?!

Mrs. Pevensie said...

He doesn't do his toenails.

You don't have to raise your sister so you can just "have fun". Your son can be exhausting but he is such a great kid! Full of life!