Friday, July 4, 2008

What makes you smile?

At different times today, a thought just made me smile. The first time was about my dh (darling husband). A thought just popped into my head and I had to grin. Go ahead and get your mind out of the gutter. It wasn't that kind of a thought. My husband is a great man so sometimes I think about how sweet he is and just get that silly little grin on my face!

An hour or so later, another thought popped into my head. It was about the newest addition to our family. I just thought about the first time I saw him, only two days ago. He cocked his head just so and I fell in love. Just thinking about his ears makes me smile. Do you want to smile too? Here is a reason to smile...Jake.

Something about a puppy just makes you want to smile. Especially if it isn't yours and you didn't have to get up with him at midnight and 6am. Well, he is ours and I did get up with him at those times but I figure that was pretty good.

Jake has such a gentle manner. He is fast too so this was the best I could do picture wise. I'm reading a great book on puppies. I'll post about it tomorrow so if there are any families aspiring to become puppy owners, they can read this book before picking up a puppy.

Feel free to tell me how adorable my new puppy is. His ears are like velvet so that makes me smile too. As I was driving along smiling, I decided to think about other things that bring a smile to my face too. Looking at Edmund sleeping. Thinking about how much like me Susan is. Actually, that makes me laugh and cringe at the same time because I think, "Poor Girl!" Peter's sweetness (he must get that from his father). Lucy's sense of humor. Each child brings a smile to my face. Thinking how blessed I am to be able to homeschool them and be able to spend so much time with them brings a smile of contentment. Then I thought out Mr. P again and broke out in that silly grin once more. It must be a day for grinning.

There are other things that make me smile. The smell of lilacs. Watching babies. Sitting in the sunshine. There are a lot more but I'll have to leave it at that as I am supposed to be leaving. I guess this is where I am supposed to say something patriotic since it is July 4th. Actually, the fact that I live in a country where I have so many freedoms makes me smile too. Since that ties into what I'm talking about, I'll just leave it at that.

So what makes you smile?

4 comments:

Jenny-Fair said...

Jake IS adorable! Nate thinks he's cute, and he isn't even a dog person.

Ok, what would make me smile...at the moment, if someone could invent an anti-mouthiness pill for 12 yo boys, that would make me grin like there's no tomorrow.

Really, though, fireworks last night and the music that came with them made me smile quite a lot.

Mrs. Pevensie said...

"Anti-mouthiness pill" Hmmmm. Why didn't I think of that? I could be rich! Oh wait, that would probably require some Science background. Rats.

Jenny-Fair said...

Mrs. P, I am not sure that the best and newest science would still be able to help. I am thinking Mark Twain's advice was sage and well-founded...the whole locking them in the barrel thing when they turn 12 is looking mighty appealing these days!

Mrs. Pevensie said...

And I always said a roll of duck tape and a closet was all I needed. A barrel would work just fine.