Saturday, July 5, 2008

Is this your son?

Well today is Saturday and I was going to designate Saturdays as "Story Time". I decided to cruise around the internet to see what great piece of information I could dig up. The problem is, there are so many interesting, cool, or bizarre things online that it is incredibly easy to get distracted. I spent some time on a site with amazing coincidences. Reading those stories brought the Twilight Zone theme to mind. For example, the man who was riding a moped in Bermuda when he was struck and killed by a taxi. One year later, his brother was riding the same moped and was struck and killed by the same taxi driver, carrying the same passenger. Personally I think the passenger had it out for that family and was just looking for the opportunity.

Then you have the story of the guy who was walking along in Detroit (in the 1930s) and a baby fell out of a high window and landed on the guy. Thankfully neither were hurt. One year later, the same baby fell out of the window again (where WAS this baby's mother?!) and landed on the same guy. Wow, that kid better be thankful that guy worked down the street or something. There were several stories like this. You can find them at About.com.

Then I ran across this guy.

(I found him through a link on Dave's Daily.com.)

Wow. I'm not sure if I should say, "That's some talent!" or "I've never met someone quite like you." I suppose either would be appropriate. Not everyone can say that they're able to stretch their earlobes all the way to their mouth.

Think of all the money he saves on dangly earrings.

I just kept thinking, "What does his mother think?" Judging by the color of his facial hair, I'm guessing his mom isn't around to care. I'm not sure how I would react if either of my sons showed up on my doorstep looking like this. Sure, I would still love him. I just can't imagine NOT loving my child. I might ask what in the world he was thinking. I'm fairly certain this whole thing didn't just happen overnight though.

So, what do you think? Is this your type of guy? He's probably really nice and funny too. Wouldn't you have to be if you looked like this?

4 comments:

Jenny-Fair said...

Um, no, NOT my type of guy.

You know, I am a clutz and am always catching my shirt sleeve or hair on things...can you imagine snagging an ear like that on, say, a shelf?! Ouch.

Mrs. Pevensie said...

Bwah ha ha! Can you just hear the conversation in the ER?
"So what happened to you?"
"Ahhh, I caught my earlobe on a shelf."

Deena Marie said...

Did you ever imagine what kind of wife he might have? I can't think that anyone would want to marry someone like that. She must be pretty special herself.

Mrs. Pevensie said...

Yes, it would take a special person!