Thursday, June 26, 2008

Liar

My friend, Mrs. Hanigan, is a liar. Did you see her post for today? She says she is "off" at 5pm. No way sister! I've been to your house. There is always something or someone needing your attention. Wait, that isn't entirely true. When we were there blogging, all of the kiddos were outside or downstairs having a good time. Okay, so maybe you are off at 5pm. What did you do, send the kids outside for the night?

If you haven't explored Mrs. Hanigans blog yet, you really need to. That woman amazes me. She is creative, lovely and doesn't yell at her kids nearly as much as she leads you to believe. OR...maybe she just has the wool pulled over my eyes. :-) No, this is one of those women that seems to do a kazillion things and yet has time to pause to watch her daughter & friends "perform their song." Of course the song lasted about 10 seconds because one of the children ran off in the middle of the beginning and it all kind of fell apart. What did Mrs. Hanigan do? She proudly proclaims, "Bravo, good job!" or some such thing. Even though the whole thing fell apart, her daughter beamed with pride because mommy noticed. Then we ran back inside to our laptops. It only took a moment but I bet when that child grows up, she'll remember that mommy took time for her.

When I grow up, I want to be just like you Mrs. Hanigan. The problem is I'm older than her. What am I to do?

No comments: