Monday, June 2, 2008

Just don't do it.

"Idiot!" This is what I was thinking as the white car flies by me on the freeway. He had to be going 100 mph or more. It's funny how fast it all happens. As I'm thinking the word "idiot", I glance into the rear view mirror to see three or so patrol cars coming up fast with their lights flashing and about this time I hear the sirens. I pull over so fast (which I'm glad I did) and as I'm pulling over the idiot in the white car is cutting across the lanes, cutting right in front of me (I was JUST taking the exit and pulled over at the "mouth" of the exit). My friend in the car behind me told me I was lucky he didn't hit me. It all happens so stinking fast, it's hard to tell. I was just thankful to be out of the way. Now what you need to know is that this exit is not very long before you encounter a stop light. No one going 100+ mph is going to stop in time without causing a problem. This guy slams on the brakes, smoke from the tires is flying and I see his car spin out of control. What I didn't see (because there is a curve and a hill) is that the idiot was planning on coming back down the exit ramp. The first patrol car in pursuit rammed him to stop him. I know we shouldn't take pleasure in other people's pains but I was happy to see this guys face all cut up when I finally got to drive on. Today in the paper I see he has several felony warrants. Okay, like attempting to outrun the police is going to help you with that? Do you know what the statistics are for attempting to outrun the police? Oh wait, I forgot you are an idiot so of course you don't know what the statistics are. They are not in your favor dude! And another thing, Mr. Idiot, you are darn lucky you didn't hit me because if you had and I survived, you would have had a very angry woman to deal with. I just got screwed up on my bike race and adding this problem to it wouldn't have been good. I guess that means you got off easy after all Mr. Idiot.

No comments: