Sunday, June 8, 2008

Oh P U L E E Z E !

I decided to visit my friend Jenny-Fair's blog to see what was new with her. I read the post about the 8 year old who ate a whole bunch of Magnetix toys. The parents are now launching a campaign to get those toys pulled off of the shelves.

H E L L O, parents, get a clue! If your child has some sort of disorder that would cause her to eat such toys, don't buy them for her! That girl has to have some sort of disorder. My 3 year old knows better than to eat toys. Maybe they don't feed her so she just had to eat something. I really want to know. Why do my children have to suffer because of the stupidity of other children? Oh yeh, I forget. We live in the good ol' US of A where there is no personal responsibility. Did you forget as well?

Remember, this is the place where you can order hot coffee and then sue the fast food restaurant for serving you hot coffee. Um, didn't you know coffee is served hot? Sometimes my friend wants to bring me a latte and sometimes the barrista tells her she is only supposed to make it (some temp I can't remember) degrees when my friend asks for it "really hot". She wants to make sure it is still hot by the time I get it. Isn't she nice? But sometimes the barrista is nervous about making it so hot. She could, after all, get sued.

Come on people! Wake up and start taking some responsibility for your own actions or that of your children if they are too young for taking the responsibility. Actually, unless that 8yo has some sort of disorder, she is perfectly old enough for being held responsible for her actions. Let's not go ruining it for everyone because she's foolish enough to eat her toys. And please, someone feed her. She must be hungry.

3 comments:

Emily the Great and Terrible said...

I totally agree... I love magnetix. Malcolm plays with them and doesn't eat any, and we're careful to keep Rachael away because she would eat them.

Author said...

You Have Got to be Kidding!

Mrs. Pevensie said...

Oh no, I'm not. I read the news article through a link on Jenny-Fair's blog. Someone needs to help those parents "see the light".