Wednesday, June 18, 2008

50 Years!

(I'm trying to play catch up. I typed this up while at Sunriver but am only just posting it.)

That is a long time. Well, I suppose not on the scale of the big picture but now days, that is definitely a reason to celebrate if you are talking years of marriage. Mr. P's parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary yesterday and they still seem to like each other. They are actually down right sweet. No, they don't always agree with each other but they don't sit and argue their point...well, at least not too much anyway. Perhaps I should take some pointers from them (see my husband vigorously nodding his head here?).

Mom and Dad Pevensie decided they wanted to have their two children and their families come to Sun River, Oregon to celebrate the anniversary with them. It's a beautiful place. As a matter of fact this is where my dh and I spent our honeymoon. The house Mom & Dad P rented is fabulous. I just love our room and wish Mr. P and I could use it more but this is after all supposed to be a family vacation. Thought I would post a picture so you could be jealous. Or maybe your house already looks like this so it's no big deal. I think it is wondie!


I have yet to ask Mom and Pops what their secret is for a long lasting marriage. It might have to wait until tomorrow though. Today we are celebrating Lucy's birthday. Whatever the secret, if it gets us a nice family vacation, I'll take it...well, that and it would be nice to be celebrating our 50th in 33 years!

No comments: