Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Why does it have to be this way?

Please tell me why.

I've heard it said that people who have an allergy to something often "love" that something. For example, people who have an allergy to dairy products often love eating dairy products. That seems so unfair. Why would God make it that way?

I have two children who should avoid dairy. It's not a life threatening allergy but does cause some real intestinal problems. I've begun to guess that they got that DNA from me. I've never really noticed a problem with consuming dairy until recently. It's unfair. We live in a dairy saturated world! I have never been a real milk drinker but I love yogurt. And how about that taco thing I just made myself. The fried corn tortilla spread with refried beans and topped with cheese...oh yeah, and the sour cream. I totally made it before realizing what I had done. Humph. I was going to go dairy free again. Well I can't exactly throw it out now can I? If you are one of those smart people who are thinking, "Oh yes you can!" then just hush. By the time you read this it will have been consumed and there is no reason you should give me grief about it. I have enough guilt in my life.

I thought about starting a dairy free blog. Not like it hasn't been done before as I'm sure it has. I just thought if I did that then I would have to be accountable and actually go dairy free again. Not likely to happen soon (the blog that is) so I guess I don't need to worry about it. I also keep telling myself I should "go raw" again and blog on that. Right now, I haven't exactly been the regular blogger so I doubt I should start anything with that either. Of course I keep telling myself a lot of things that I think I should follow through on. I think that is part of my psychotic make up. At any rate, although I'm not exactly following through on any of those thoughts, I can still write about them, right?

No comments: